CECB was awarded the World Centre of Excellence on Landslide Disaster Reduction 2014-2017 under the theme of Model Policy Frameworks, Standards, & Guidelines by the Global Promotion Committee of the International Program of Landslide (IPL) at World Landslide Forum III on 3rd June 2014, China National Convention Centre, Beijing, China.
Objectives of WCoE:
- To strengthen the International Program on Landslides (IPL) and IPL Global Promotion Committee (GPC):
- To create A Global Network of entities contributing to landslide risk reduction
- To improve the global recognition of ???Landslide Risk Reductionand its social-economic relevance, and entities contributing to this field.
Criteria for WCoD Candidates
Governmental and non-governmental entities such as Universities, Agencies, and other institutions and their subsidiary entities, (faculties, departments, centers, divisions or others) which meet the following two conditions.
- Contributing to Risk Reduction for Landslides and Related Earth System Disasters; and
- Willing to support IPL intellectually, practically and financially by either joining ICL or contributing to IPL-GPC and promote landslide research and risk reduction on a regional and/or global scale in a mutually beneficial manner.