CECB was awarded the “World Centre of Excellence on Landslide Disaster Reduction 2014-2017” under the theme of “Model Policy Frameworks, Standards, & Guidelines” by the Global Promotion Committee of the International Program of Landslide (IPL) at World Landslide Forum III on 3rd June 2014, China National Convention Centre, Beijing, China.
Objectives of WCoE:
- To strengthen the International Program on Landslides (IPL) and IPL Global Promotion Committee (GPC):
- To create “A Global Network of entities contributing to landslide risk reduction”
- To improve the global recognition of “Landslide Risk Reduction” and its social-economic relevance, and entities contributing to this field.
Criteria for WCoD Candidates
Governmental and non-governmental entities such as Universities, Agencies, and other institutions and their subsidiary entities, (faculties, departments, centers, divisions or others) which meet the following two conditions.
- Contributing to “Risk Reduction for Landslides and Related Earth System Disasters”; and
- Willing to support IPL intellectually, practically and financially by either joining ICL or contributing to IPL-GPC and promote “landslide research and risk reduction” on a regional and/or global scale in a mutually beneficial manner.