CECB was awarded the ???World Centre of Excellence on Landslide Disaster Reduction 2014-2017??? under the theme of ???Model Policy Frameworks, Standards, & Guidelines??? by the Global Promotion Committee of the International Program of Landslide (IPL) at World Landslide Forum III on 3rd June 2014, China National Convention Centre, Beijing, China.
Objectives of WCoE:
- To strengthen the International Program on Landslides (IPL) and IPL Global Promotion Committee (GPC):
- To create ???A Global Network of entities contributing to landslide risk reduction???
- To improve the global recognition of ???Landslide Risk Reduction??? and its social-economic relevance, and entities contributing to this field.
Criteria for WCoD Candidates
Governmental and non-governmental entities such as Universities, Agencies, and other institutions and their subsidiary entities, (faculties, departments, centers, divisions or others) which meet the following two conditions.
- Contributing to ???Risk Reduction for Landslides and Related Earth System Disasters???; and
- Willing to support IPL intellectually, practically and financially by either joining ICL or contributing to IPL-GPC and promote ???landslide research and risk reduction??? on a regional and/or global scale in a mutually beneficial manner.